Hey guys, I know I touched base upon some New Year's resolutions in my last journal post, but I thought I'd reply to my dear friend 's journal tag and compile a list of ten personal goals for the new year.
1. Manage my personal expenses better
2. Learn to stay positive in stressful situations
3. Get my driver's license before I start my volunteer service in the Peace Corps
4. Manage my time and plan out my days better (especially now since I have no school or work)
5. Help my mother and sister clean and refurnish our home, so my family can live more comfortably
6. Practice drawing more regularly
7. Practice cooking more regularly
8. Update here on DeviantArt more regularly
9. Contact all my distance friends and family more often
10. Practice my foreign languages more often
Of course, some of these goals are certainly more attainable than others, so this list is subject to change as the year goes on. :3 I intend to meet my New Year's goal of being more active on DA and replying to messages in a more timely fashion. Sorry I haven't responded to some of your guys' comment posts and replies lately, that actually correlates with my other goal of managing my time and scheduling my days better. I talked to another good friend of mine a few days ago, and he gave me some great advice on trying to schedule my days out and setting time aside for every activity I want to do. Here's hoping I follow through with that.
In other news, not much has been going on with me since I last updated. My part-time job at Target ended about two weeks ago, and no job of course means no money. :/ But on the plus side, working at Target kinda sucked, and now I have time to enjoy the start of the new year and continue my hobbies. In regards to my upcoming project in the Peace Corps, I'm happy to say that I got all my medical paperwork submitted, and now I just have to wait for the next step. In my last journal, I mentioned that I'm scheduled to take a foreign service exam to work in the U.S. Department of State. I'll take this exam two weeks from now, and I really need to study harder for it. Needless to say, I'm pretty nervous. :/
On a more positive note, I have some new drawings to submit soon, mostly more survival horror fan art. Some of you guys have been giving lots of inspiration lately, so hopefully I can contribute some more artwork for all the survival horror fans out there. I also have a ton of other ideas for new artwork. But first thing's first, I gotta focus on the important things in my life, mainly finding a job. I guess lately finding a job is what it all comes down to for me.
So that about covers all the recent events in my life. I should go to bed soon, so I'll check back tomorrow morning, and hopefully I'll get some new artwork up pretty soon.